I was sent this via email the other day and realised I knew a fair few of these already, but some others were quite surprising.
- It takes glass one million years to decompose, which means it never wears out and can be recycled an infinite amount of times!
- Gold is the only metal that doesn’t rust, even if it’s buried in the ground for thousands of years
- Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end
- If you stop getting thirsty, you need to drink more water. When a human body is dehydrated, its thirst mechanism shuts off.
- Each year 2,000,000 smokers either quit smoking or die of tobacco-related diseases.
- Zero is the only number that cannot be represented by Roman numerals.